- Please tell us your pen name, your book title, genre and series name, if applicable?No pen name. It’s all me, all the way. LOL. My newest release is THE DEADLIES, a dark and edgy YA paranormal. It releases tomorrow from Secret Cravings Publishing.
- 3 words to describe yourself?Creative, generous, driven
- 3 people you would like to thank? (For example, your publisher, your cover artist, your editor, or someone special in your life)I’d like to thank my mum, Paulina, for raising us alone and doing it well and for being the best example I could have for raising my own children. I’d like to thank my brother for being the biggest fan I could have. I’d like to thank my husband and kids for letting me be weird when I need to, and understanding my need to write that all down. All the time. At all hours.
- 1 sentence to describe your book.
- An excerpt from your book, approximately 300 words long.
“Hi. You must be Mrs. Flood’s niece, Calliope. She told me about you.” Callie turned to find another girl standing there, dressed in the same ill-fitting school uniform. She had an armload of books and appraised Callie with a friendly eye. “My name’s Suzette Price, but you can call me Suki. Everyone does.” The girl did a little bow and finished it with a curtsey.
“Hey. I’m Callie.”
“I know. Your aunt plays canasta with my grandmother.” Callie gave Suki a close look over. Suki just laughed. “Oh, the already-knowing-you thing? You’ll have to get used to that. Haven Falls is a small town, and everyone knows your business. We knew you were coming here to live more than a month ago. Since Holly Hills is the same school your momma and auntie went to, we just knew you’d be going here, too. You’re part of a legacy.”
About Samantha Combs:
Samantha Combs is a Southern California author with eight published books: Her Young Adult paranormal titles, the Global Ebook Award-winning debut title SPELLBOUND, SPELLBOUND's sequel, EVERSPELL, GHOSTLY, and WATERDANCER, a middle grade horror called THE DETENTION DEMON, and her adult horror collections, TEETH AND TALONS, WAY PAST MIDNIGHT, and HELLOWEEN. THE DEADLIES is her ninth book and her fifth paranormal. She enjoys writing YA paranormals, both dark and light, and supernatural fantasy and romance, but it is her love of horror that started it all. Thanks, Mr. King.
When she’s not writing, she works full time and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. Her guilty pleasures include reality television, the Food Network channel and shoes. She truly believes she can accomplish anything if she has the right pair of shoes. And she adores totally inappropriate earrings.
Samantha loves writing and publishing her work and is in awe of the technological advances of our lives. With all of the genres there are for a reader, she has learned that writing paranormal and horror lets her share all the weirdness of everyday life in a not-so-everyday way. The foundation of a good story is all around her. All she has to do is….breathe.
Samantha loves to hear from her fans. Connect with her at the following place:
Amazon Author Central Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0055WS25S
Thank you for joining us on The Romantic Muse Blogspot, Samantha!Carolyn, Whitney, AP, and Jennie.